Financial Support for studies
Financial support for studies (Emergency Fund)
The Foundation allocates an annual budget of $ 4,000 to the Cégep for all of its campuses.
This assistance program is for students who are experiencing temporary and exceptional financial problems. For information, contact the head of the Cégep’s Office of Financial Assistance for Studies (BAFE) at 1-888-368-2201, extension 1365.
Specific eligibility criteria
- Be registered as a full time student in a program at the Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles at the time of the application (DEC, AEC, DEP);
- Having paid their registration fees:
- If you experience financial problems (exceptional situation not foreseen in your budget);
- If you have good academic skills and show motivation;
- Be referred by a staff member (psychosocial services, API, adapted services, student life, etc.);
- Complete all sections of the form and answer all questions;
- Send the support request form to the financial aid office of your campus.
Method of allocation:
Analysis, verification and decision rendered by the person in charge of the financial assistance office.
If you wish to submit an application, you must write to the person in charge of the Cégep’s financial assistance office or to the local sponsors on your campus to obtain the application form.