The foundation, seeking to support the college in its efforts to develop an entrepreneurial spirit, offers bursaries to students enrolled at one of the institution's campuses.
At least one bursary is awarded annually at each campus ($500 each) including two at Gaspé ( french and english sector) unless there are no candidates at a given campus who meet the selection criteria.
An entrepreneur is an individual who is a project leader and who has founded or taken over a business by investing cash, human or other investment capital.
Criteria used to evaluation applications for the Young entrepreneur's bursary:
- Be full-time students at a Cégep de la Gaspésie et des Îles campus for the entire time this project is being prepared and carried out;
- Have developed an original idea likely to earn them profits;
- Have invested time, energy and money or other assets to build on their initial investment;
- Have fully analysed the risks and the means that need to be put into place to bring about the success of the project before it is undertaken;
- Have kept the business's books to be able to analyse its production costs;
- Be able to ensure the business's survival for longer than one year;
- Clients and suppliers will have to be able to speak of their experience with the entrepreneur.
Applicants must complete a form
"Guide to creating a business plan" produced by SADC de Baie-des-Chaleurs
"Example of a business plan" produced by Mr. Alban Arsenault
Applications must be received by april 12, 2013
Back to "Bursaries and financial support" page